Unit elections are permitted in Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scout units. The Order of the Arrow membership requirements are as follows:
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Have experienced 15 nights of Scout camping while registered with a troop, crew, or ship within the two years immediately prior to the election. The 15 nights must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of at least five consecutive nights of overnight camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scouts of America. Only five nights of the long-term camp may be credited toward the 15-night camping requirement; the balance of the camping (10 nights) must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps of, at most, three nights each. Ship nights may be counted as camping for Sea Scouts.
- At the time of their election, youth must be under the age of 21, and hold one of the following ranks corresponding to the type unit in which they are being considered for election: Scouts BSA First Class rank, the Venturing Discovery rank, or the Sea Scout Ordinary rank or higher, and following approval by the Scoutmaster, Crew Advisor or Sea Scout Skipper, be elected by the youth members of their unit.
- Adults (age 21 or older) who meet the camping requirements may be selected following nomination to and approval by the lodge adult selection committee.
As of January 1, 2023, all candidates will have 18 months from the date of election to complete their Ordeal.*
Copied from https://oa-bsa.org/about/membership
There are 3 Induction weekends each year. You have 18* months from the date of your election to partake in your Ordeal before your candidate-status lapses and you must be elected again.
*Scouts elected after January 1, 2023 have 18 months, Scouts elected before December 31, 2022 still have 24 months since the date of their election to go through their ordeal.
Please report to the camp parking lot Friday evening between 7:00pm and 7:30pm. Please do not arrive after 9:00pm. Departure from camp is expected to be around 11:00am Sunday morning.
The BSA Medical form Part A & B must be signed by a parent or guardian and brought to check-in.
- Field & Activity Uniform
- BSA Medical Form A&B
- Sturdy boots
- Work gloves
- Work clothes
- Rain gear
- Sleeping pad
- Sleeping bag
- Water bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- Tent* (severe weather)
Please do NOT bring:
- Fire starters
- Eat a large dinner before arriving at camp on Friday
- Pack well
- Follow guidance/read materials
- Be prepared
*Your Ordeal staff will be tracking the weather for your Ordeal and will provide guidance via email (after you sign up) on the use of tents for your weekend. Bring it, but be prepared not to use it.