As October draws closer and closer, it’s time to remind you all about volunteering at Camp Halloween.
Here’s a quick reminder as to what Camp Halloween is all about:
Camp Halloween is a weekend Cub Scout/children program hosted at Camp Edward that is open for staffing by OA volunteers. The event will be a weekend day camp with two scout sessions per weekend. We will have different areas opened up like: a Haunted House, archery, crafts, and more. As OA volunteers we will be expected to help out with these events and continue to live a life of cheerful service.
We are still looking for volunteers for any of our 3 program weekends. Each weekend, we’ll ask that you report after dinner on Friday, if possible. Early (8:00 AM) Saturday is also OK. There will be different groups of campers each Saturday and Sunday. This gives us a total of six 1-day sessions this year! We’ll dismiss staff about 5:00 PM on Sunday each weekend.
Once again, you must sign-up using our sign-up form to attend any specific week. Sign-ups must be completed by the Tuesday before the specific program weekend as we are using these numbers for food portioning. If you show up without having previously signed up you will be turned away.
Here is the sign-up link:
Camp Halloween 2023 Sign-ups
When you sign up as an OA volunteer, make sure to click on the volunteer box on the forum so that we can track service hours. You will also receive a confirmation email after signing up with more information.
- A costume that is appropriate for young kids. (not too scary or gory, not too revealing)
- Bedding (sleeping bag, or sheets/blankets, and a pillow)
- Personal Hygiene Items (soap, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.)
- Warm jacket (camp can be chilly in October)
- Proper changes of clothing for the season (think layers).
- A current parts A&B of the BSA Annual Medical and Health Record. This must be SIGNED by a parent or guardian if you are under 18 years old.
- Any medication that you are currently prescribed and taking.
- OA Sash!!!
We would love to see you at Camp Edward for any of the above weekends. Camp Halloween is a great way to get involved in the OA whether you are a new arrowman who was inducted this year or a seasoned veteran. We would all love to see you here for Camp Halloween!
Yours in Spooky Service,
Lodge Service Vice Chief