The purpose of all OA chapters and lodges is:
To recognize those campers — Scouts and Scouters — who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives and by such recognition cause other campers to conduct themselves in such manner as to warrant recognition.
To develop and maintain camping traditions and spirit.
To promote Scout camping, which reaches its greatest effectiveness as a part of the unit's camping program, both year-round and in the summer camp, as directed by the camping committee of the council.
To crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
We are the Sahaptin Mox Khan'-nice Chapter in the T'Kope Kwiskwis Lodge of the Order of the Arrow. We are located in Kitsap County, Washington, encompassing the Orca District (Bainbridge Island, North Kitsap, and Central Kitsap School Districts). We plan and staff Camporee, staff winter camps, help Boy Scouts by promoting camping, and have fun along the way!
- Aug 14 National Public Lands Day Kickoff Meeting @ Council Service Center
- Aug 27-29 Lodge Leadership Development Conference @ Camp Sheppard
- Sep 10-12 Ordeal Weekend @ Camp Pigott; Longhouse Groundbreaking
- Sep 25 National Public Lands Day, Mount Rainier National Park
- Oct 1-3 Camporee Staff @ Battle Point Park, Bainbridge Island
- Oct 9 ArrowCorps502 Kickoff Meeting, Mercer Island Presbyterian Church 10AM
- Oct 9 Lodge Recognition Banquet, Mercer Island Presbyterian Church 5:30PM
- Oct 16 OA Staff @ Council Program & Training Conference, North Seattle CC
- Nov 12-14 Fall Rally @ Camp Brinkley
- Dec 3-4 Chapter Leadership Development Conference (Cancelled)
- Jan 7-9 Winter Camp Staff @ Camp Sheppard
- Feb 11-13 Klondike Derby Staff @ Kitsap Fairgrounds
- Feb 23 - Brotherhood Ceremony @ Kitsap Memorial State Park
- Feb 25-27 Winter Camp Staff @ Camp Sheppard
- Apr 8-10 Ordeal Weekend @ Camp Brinkley
- Apr 29 - May 1 Section W-1N Conclave @ Palmer, Alaska
- May 13-15 Ordeal Weekend @ Camp Pigott
- Jun 3-5 Ordeal Weekend @ Camp Parsons
- Jun 17-18 Spring Fellowship @ Camp Pigott, Lodge Elections
- Jul 31 - Aug 6 ArrowCorps502 @ Mount Rainier National Park
- Aug 26-27 Lodge Leadership Development Conference @ Camp Sheppard
- Sep 9-11 Ordeal Weekend @ Camp Parsons
Our Ceremonies Team meets at 7PM at the Poulsbo LDS building on Mesford Rd every 1st and 4th Wednesday night. If you are interested in becoming an OA ceremonialist, or just want to find out what it is all about, please visit the meeting. We don't bite. In fact, we're pretty cool...because we wear button blankets and know the story. We'll teach you!
We have two service projects to perform this year at Olympic Lutherhaven on Wildcat Lake and at the Fredericksen Wilderness Park Disk Golf Course on Big Valley Rd in Poulsbo. See Service Vice-Chief Philip P for details.
Something else offered by the Sahaptin Mox Khan'-nice Chapter is the Outdoor Adventure Award. The award recognizes those that have completed an impressive record of outings. To earn this award, you must accumulate a total of:
75 nights of camping, or
50 nights of camping and 150 miles of hiking and backpacking, or
50 nights of camping and 150 miles of canoeing or kayaking, or
50 nights of camping and 200 miles of bicycling.
All of these outings must be with your unit and you must be active in your unit to receive the award.
To receive the award, obtain an application from your unit OA Chapter Representative or directly at an OA meeting. The award can be worn proudly on your uniform pocket in the temporary patch location. Be the first in your unit to achieve the award!
Deputy Vice Chief
|Activities Vice Chief|
|Inductions Vice Chief|
|Service Vice Chief|